Tofu Nime Chow
- 1 oz. cellophane noodles
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. mirin
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thin slices
- 1 cup carrots, matchstick cut
- 8 ea. Rice paper sheets
- 6 oz. Wildwood® Baked Teriyaki Tofu, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
Back to recipes
- Combine noodles and 2 cups of hot water in mixing bowl and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar and mirin. Add cucumbers and carrots and set aside.
- Using 1 cup of cold water, place hand in water and rub one side of the rice paper sheet, then flip roll over and rub with wet hand again. The rice paper may seem rigid still but it will soften.
- Begin to layer ingredients on to rice paper in the following order: tofu, cilantro, carrots, cucumbers, basil, romaine and noodles.
- Carefully begin to wrap the rice paper around the ingredients, burrito style, by placing one end over the vegetables and tucking it in, then folding in the sides and finally rolling it through the end of the roll.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all 8 rice paper sheets.
- Serve immediately.
Products featured in this recipe