Use your favorite pie crust or recipe as follows.
- Place flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add your solid coconut oil and pulse until mixture is crumbly.
- Pulse in 1/4–1/3 cup of water, or until the dough holds together well when you make a handful of it and it's visibly starting to come together in the food processor. If necessary, add a little more water until the texture is right.
- Form dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When ready to use, Turn dough onto a clean, dry surface that has been dusted with flour, Make sure it’s soft enough to roll. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a circle large enough for your pan, using extra flour to keep things from sticking as you go. Gingerly lift it onto your pan. Squeeze the edges to make a pattern.
- Bake for 5–7 minutes, or until crust is lightly golden.
Back to recipes
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place tofu in a blender and blend on high until very smooth.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and blend again until smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down sides with a spatula.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for one hour.
- Let rest at least 3 hours or up to overnight before serving.
- Serve once set.