- Place toasted almonds in a food processor and pulse until chopped fine.
- Add sugar, salt and coconut oil. Pulse until mixture is combined.
- Press crust mixture evenly into a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before filling.
- Place tofu in a blender and blend on high for 1–2 minutes until very smooth.
- In the meantime, place agar agar and water in a small bowl, let soak for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- After 10 minutes add agar agar mix to a small pan and heat over medium-low flame for 3–4 minutes, stirring constantly until powder is dissolved.
- Add non-dairy creamer, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, salt and dissolved agar agar to the blender with tofu. Blend to incorporate for about 30 seconds stopping halfway through to scrape down sides with a spatula.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and let set at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve once set.
Serving Suggestion: Top with your favorite fruit or fruit sauce.
Back to recipes