- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup shallots, chopped
- 1 lb. mushrooms, assorted and chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs, fresh
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup Wildwood® Soymilk Creamer
- Add olive oil to a medium sauce pot and heat over medium flame.
- Add shallots and sauté 3–5 minutes until they become translucent. Push to the side.
- Add mushrooms and thyme sprigs and let sauté 2–3 minutes before stirring to allow color to form.
- Let mushrooms cook 5–8 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and add Marsala wine. Turn heat back on to medium, being careful that it doesn't flame up.
- Let Marsala wine reduce completely.
- Add stock, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 20–30 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Remove thyme sprigs.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Stir in soymilk creamer.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Back to recipes
Products featured in this recipe