Coconut Banana Cream Pie
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 5 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy-free margarine
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups Onederful® Tofu
- 2 bananas, large
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup non-dairy whipped cream
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a 9” pie dish and press evenly into bottom and up sides.
- Bake for 5–7 minutes until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Place maple syrup and ¾ of the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium flame and heat for 1–2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining coconut milk and cornstarch.
- Pour cornstarch mixture into pot and whisk 3–4 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in coconut oil.
- Let this mixture cool 1–2 minutes.
- Place remaining filling ingredients in a blender and blend on high until very smooth in texture.
- Add coconut milk mixture to blender and blend all ingredients until combined.
- Pour in pie crust.
- Let set in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once set, remove from refrigerator. Garish with sliced bananas, whipped topping and coconut flakes.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 8 servings
Back to recipes