Carrot Ginger Soup with Szechuan Tofu
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala
- 2 lbs. carrots, sliced thin
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. Wildwood® Mild Szechuan Smoked Tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, stems removed
- In a saucepot, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger. Let sauté for two minutes.
- Add onion, bay leaf and Garam Masala. Let onion sweat until translucent.
- Add carrots and stock. Bring to simmer and let cook until carrots are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaf.
- In small batches in a blender or using an immersion blender, blend the soup until very smooth in texture. Return soup to a clean pot and keep warm.
- In a sauté pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil. Sear tofu cubes on all sides until crisp and brown.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with seared tofu. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Back to recipes